Sunday, May 13, 2007

Tourniquet - Muonline

Almost five years ago, I joined a massive multiplayer online role playing game (mmorpg), www.muonline.com and hooked. I was playing it as time would allow, since I have a day job, for about a year, before I told my friends about it. Now my friends, at the time were playing billiards, after about 2 or 3 years of playing nothing but delta force (1,2,3).

Of the ten guys, that I played delta with, only one got interested. When Cedric got hooked, we invited his brother who at the time, wouldn't want to go with us. Saying that he wanted to go somewhere else and have a drink. So I told him that we can have a drink to where we were going. By the time that we arrived at the net cafe, he found out that there was nothing but junk food being sold at the cafe. But since we were there already I told him that he should try the Mu Online, and he doesn't like it, we can always leave.

We arrived there at midnight, I left them at two a.m. and they were still playing. I saw them the next day and asked them time did they finish. Cedric told me, 'We left the cafe at 9 a.m., we got so engrossed in the game.'. I was like 'No way!', and the rest, as they say is history.

The two are still playing after 5 years, spending like 5 - 10 hours a day as were three of our friends. Me? I stopped three months after they got started, they were like 'John, you're the one who let us into this whole Mu thing, you should get back and join us'. Well, I went back about a couple of months ago, maybe I've got a conscience after all. :))

No comments: