Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Onward Crusader!

It's been five months since the release of SEGA'S Medieval 2 Total War, of which I spent 3 awesome months doing the French campaign conquering region by region. With the recent announcement of Medieval 2 Total War Kingdoms, fall of 2007 will be very, very interesting to all Total War Fans. Four new campaigns, Britannica, Americas, Teutonic and The Crusades, who wouldn't be excited? Plus the Hero Units added into the play, this brings about a very interesting factor to look forward to. I have played total war since the time of Shogun Total War and I am always looking for something new with each franchise of the game.

Well I hope that with the expansion, aside from the additional 150 units, I am looking forward to seeing more fight sequences. Which of course is available in Medieval 2, where a company of infantry doesn't look like a moving box that cuts down similar moving box of men.

The free for all melee type of game play is much more realistic. Cause when you get to spend more than 20 hours in the game you get to memorize the way the troops fight and then it gets monotonous. It really is something when you get to see the unexpected, like when I was playing Oblivion, where at one encounter with a daedric enemy, I witnessed a spinning sword. This happened after dealing a heavy blow on the enemy, the enemy character was disarmed, the sword bouncing on the wall, into the floor and the next thing I knew it was already spinning.

Such randomness to occur was so amazing that I literally stopped there and just watched the sword spin, till little by little it ceased its spin and fell to the floor.

To have such randomness with total war, well i don't know if it can happen, it is already a great game itself and maybe I'm asking a little too much. :)

No comments: